Sunday, October 20, 2013

THE DEFINITION OF IDIOCY

What is the definition of idiocy? A young bloke, probably in his early 20s, flicking a lit cigarette from a car window when there are fires throughout NSW.

That's what I saw Friday evening when driving in the Southern Highlands. I pulled alongside this bloke and his fellow passengers and yelled at them all. I usually don't lose my temper when on the roads, but in this case, I felt I had to. Everywhere you looked, there was smoke. Fires up the Hume Highway were still burning out of control. What sort of bloke does that? How bloody unAustralian.

After making my point to the trio (who were dumbstruck), I got on the blower to 702 and vented to the producer and Dom Knight, the presenter of Evenings. Dom advertised the number for 'dob in a tosser' - 131 555 - which is an initiative of the EPA. 

LJ, October 20 2013. 

No comments: