Tuesday, June 25, 2013

LONDON

Man, I miss London. I spent about 11 days there back in April, staying in Hammersmith. I could live in London. I've always been such a fan of British pop culture. There were so many highlights: walking to iconic Trellick Tower after seeing my first Green and Great-spotted Woodpeckers in Kensal Green Cemetery, coffee on Portobello Rd with Greg (Big Audio Dynamite/Dreadzone) Roberts, tea at The Ritz, Quatermaine's Terms feat. Rowan Atkinson, Wigmore Hall recitals, tours of The Globe and The Tower of London, buying the NME and Q, falling snow outside Buckingham Palace, watching the Oxford Cambridge Boat Race, stumbling upon the Hammersmith Morris Men in action, wandering to the London Wetland Centre on a surprisingly warm afternoon, dinner in South Kensington, the V&A (god, I love their tapestries), perusing poetry collections in Waterstone's etc. Heaven. LJ, June 25 2013.






No comments: