Saturday, October 25, 2008

THE TOP 10 AUSSIE SONGS OF ALL TIME

Recently The Australian newspaper asked its readers to vote for the top Aussie song of the last twenty years. The Church's Under the Milky Way Tonight topped the bill. Following that thread, here's my pick for the top ten Aussie songs of all time (in no particular order):

1. Icehouse - Great Southern Land
2. Severed Heads - Dead Eyes Opened
3. Nick Cave - Into my Arms
4. The Go-Betweens - Cattle and Cane
5. Mondo Rock - State of the Heart
6. Crowded House - Weather with You
7. My Friend the Chocolate Cake - The Gossip
8. The Models - Barbados
9. Midnight Oil - Redneck Wonderland
10. The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist

What do you think, folks? Send me an e-mail and tell me what your top ten is.

LJ, October 26 2008

No comments: